Topics of doctoral theses
for the year 2023/2024
program Company (Corporate) Management and Economics
INSTITUTE OF ECONOMICS
doc. Ing. Adam P. Balcerzak, Ph.D.
- The role of internal entrepreneurship in building competitive potential of SMEs
The goal of research is to extend knowledge on factors that affect the abilities of SME to develop internal entrepreneurship and to acquire employees with high entrepreneurial skills. The value added of the research relates practical business implications that can be used by SMEs in Central Europe.
- Sustainable enterprise development with respect to managerial and financial challenges
The goal of the topic is to extend knowledge on the main constraints negatively affecting sustainability potential of Central European enterprises. The value added of the topic relates to the possibility of finding new models and organizational solutions supporting sustainable growth of enterprises.
- The barriers and challenges for central European enterprises in utilizing Industry 4.0 potential
The research on the financial and organizational factors affecting the managerial constraints and abilities to take advantage of Industry 4.0 potential, from the perspective of its practical business importance should be considered as the long term value of the current research topic.
doc. Ing. Marie Pavláková Dočekalová, Ph.D.
- Perspectives of Industry 4.0 in The Context of Environmental, Social and Governance Issues
The aim of this topic is to design a model for managerial decision-making support in the development and implementation of Industry 4.0 technologies which will manage the duality between benefits and risks in the context of environmental, social and governance issues.
doc. Ing. et Ing. Stanislav Škapa, Ph.D.
- Alternative company theory as a means of company management
The research will focus on the analysis of the current state of alternative theories of the company and their application in the management of the company and the design of models and theories resulting from these alternative theories, explain the approaches of top management decision-making in real environment.
- Determining the risk aversion of a private investor
The research will focus on the analysis of the current state of private risk aversion determination, tools and methods, and their application in the process of determining risk aversion, and subsequently the design of methodology or models for this determination.
doc. Ing. Marek Zinecker, Ph.D.
- The Political Economy of Disintegration: Assessing Economic Consequences in terms of SMEs
This research aims to identify key factors, which might be critical when considering the current tendencies of disintegration from the perspective of SMEs based the Czech Republic.
INSTITUTE OF FINANCE
doc. Mgr. Ing. Karel Brychta, Ph.D.
- Financial Transactions and Their Taxation
The OECD's project against BEPS (Base Erosion and Profit Shifting) has established standards that have had significant impacts in the area of financial transactions. The aim of the thesis will be to assess the existing standards along with the systematization of the existing rules and subsequently to create a methodological guide for tax management in this area.
- Intangible Assets and Their Taxation
The OECD's project against BEPS (Base Erosion and Profit Shifting) has established standards that have had significant impacts in the area of intangible assets, which importance has been continuously growing. The aim of the thesis will be to assess the existing standards along with the systematization of the existing rules and subsequently to create a methodological guide for tax management in this area.
doc. Ing. Michal Karas, Ph.D.
- Credit risk model’s employing financial derivates data
The aim of the thesis is to analyse the information value of combination of macroeconomic and company-specific data in analysing levels of credit risk approximated by CDS spread in the conditions of European countries.
- SMEs' default prediction in the context of the external environment evolution
The aim of the thesis is to analyse the influence of external environment factor in default prediction of small and medium enterprises. A special focus will be paid to factors representing a obstacles in business growth. These factors will be analysed in combination with firm-specific factors.
prof. Ing. Mária Režňáková, CSc.
- Business valuation in selected business branch (specific issue)
Approaches to firms’ valuation based on estimation of future cash flows are very sensitive to parameters specific to firms' business branch. Aim of the thesis is to identify the specifics of the chosen branch and incorporate them, as parameters, into the valuation models.
- Business valuation: specific approches to SMEs valuation
The aim of the thesis will be to investigate existing models of value determination and propose modifications for application in SMEs.
INSTITUTE OF INFORMATICS
doc. Ing. Radek Doskočil, Ph.D., MSc
- Quantitative Methods in Managerial Decision Making
The research will focus on the analysis of current state of quantitative approach application in company management and on the design of models which are used as a tool for support of managerial decision-making.
INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
doc. Ing. Vít Chlebovský, Ph.D.
- Use of Digital Tools to Support Companies' Marketing Strategies
Research focused on the composition and extent of the use of digital tools to support the creation and implementation of marketing strategies in companies.
doc. Ing. Lucie Kaňovská, Ph.D.
- To get insights into servitization adoption across geographic regions, manufacturing organisations, transformation and transition pathways, barriers and enablers. Collaborative, territory-based manufacturing firms typically maintain high levels of productivity and innovation.
To get insights into servitization adoption across geographic regions, manufacturing organisations, transformation and transition pathways, barriers and enablers. Collaborative, territory-based manufacturing firms typically maintain high levels of productivity and innovation.
- Service design for smart (digital) servitization
The role of service design can be a enabler of integrated smart offering and digital servitization. Companies seem to lack insights into the kind of service design routines. The aim is to understand how manufacturers utilize creative design principles and develop service design routines.
doc. Ing. Zdeňka Konečná, Ph.D.
- Sustainable Leadership as an effective tool for managing the transformation process.
The leading approach in the form of sustainable leadership appears to be a very effective tool for the development of a company in the current turbulent world. The main goal of the dissertation work is to identify the specifics of the Sustainable Leadership approach in order to define a model of sustainable leadership in current changing environment.
doc. PhDr. Iveta Šimberová, Ph.D.
- Key Factors of Business Models Digital TransformationDigital transformation is changing the way business happens and works. With the digital transformation, companies are forced to study all processes, systems again. From internal systems to interact with customers and in both modern forms (online and offline). The research question remains, what are the key factors in the digital transformation of business models of today's companies?
- Business Models Sustainable Innovation
Many authors define business models innovation from the sustainability point of view, but key aspect of all of the expert opinions is that business model is understood as extending beyond the entity of the company, its customers and shareholders, and also including value capture for key stakeholders. The aim is to design methodology for sustainable innovation of the business model through the prototype design of a suitable model for sustainable innovation in selected markets.