Partial report about the solution of the grant project GAČR P403/11/2085 „Construction of Methods for Multi-factorial Assessment of Company Performance of Chosen Economic Activities“
The aim of the study is to construct methods for complex evaluation of the company performance with employment of the multi-factorial metric analysis, creating a flexible methodic for the target branch of economical activity, which is going to have a universal value in the commercial sphere.
During the project solution, during the first year, the main emphasis was put on the initial analysis of the solved problem. It was mainly concerned with surveying the theoretical knowledge about the subject domain of the study by compilation of the available sources. After that an appropriate branch of NACE has been chosen with regards to Sustainability reporting. In this phase the research team focused on the house-building area, especially on companies with ISO 9000, ISO 14000, eventually EMAS certificates. These companies meet the quality criteria and also, regarding their size, they are good adepts for evaluating the performance of the business/company. The stress is put not only on company performance during the recent time period, but also on assessment of its future performance. In the initial phase a technological framework (scope) that is connected with using computing technology for supporting the team communication and publishing the partial results, has been put together, to maximize the effectiveness of the research teamwork.
Multifactor measurement of the business performance, indicators, reporting, information technology, corporate governance
Because the project is being resolved in two organizations (BUT FBM and MENDELU FBE), the project team is divided into two parts. The organization of the project proposer of the Business Faculty of the Brno University of Technology is represented by doc. Ing. Alena Kocmanová, Ph.D. and the organization of the co-proposer is represented by prof. RNDr. Jiří Hřebíček, CSc. The research of the two project teams is thematically complementary, the research team of the FBM BUT is, besides the common research part, focused on the expert evaluation of the solved problem, whilst the team from FBE MENDELU is focused mainly on the technical part of the project implementation (realization) (support of the team communication, creation of the electronic questionnaire, its distribution and evaluation, construction of the technical background, data processing by virtual intelligence technologies).
Organizations participating in the project
University of Technology in Brno (BUT) – Faculty of Business and Management, doc. Ing. Alena Kocmanová, Ph.D.
Mendel University in Brno (MENDELU) – Faculty of Business and Economics, prof. RNDr. Jiří Hřebíček, CSc.
Research objectives of the workplace VUT-FP
The partial targets identified and solved by research in 2011 are as follows:
- Detailed analysis of the implementation of Reporting in chosen economic activities and its justification (yes or no). In yes case analysing the way of its performance, its role, its informative capability and decisive value, all this to be done in agreement with the company information system and overall company performance.
- Examine, analyse and categorize contemporary characteristics of the individual pillars: economic, environmental, social and corporate governance (or the attractive sustainability of success) in relation to the measure of progress or dynamics of development of the overall company performance, so that the basic data and preparation for the construction and defining of multi-factor methods in a rational and useful manner identify the system of conditions as the support to subsequent creation of an applicable methodology.
To solve the targets of the project was used the following methodology to coordinate work related to the project solution:
During the project solution were organised several working meetings of the research team or its selected members.
- in January 2011 was held the first meeting of a wide team of representatives from researcher’s and co-researchers workplace, including doctoral students.At the meeting was specified a common procedure for the project and assigned tasks to individual teams and co-researchers.
- in March 2011 took place the second meeting of the wide team, at this meeting were presented interim results of the solution and discussed the next steps of work (web-side of the project , used documents: http:/docs.google.com that will be used for storing work documents), then team members submitted individual plan for publications.
- in April 2011 was held third meeting of the wide team, where was presented a schedule for solutions for each month, agreed the procedure for works for next period.
- in October 2011 was held fourth meeting of the wide team, where were summarized the results and proposed progress of work for 2012.
There were created common portals ( www.fbm.vutbr.cz/gacr ) of the project (see below), which serve as a communication tool for individual team members (here are stored the main intermediate results, strategic documents relating to the solved problem, here are records of searches, etc.
Further meetings were organized in closer circle on the workplace of the researcher and co-researcher with other domestic and foreign partners continuously according to the needs of the solution procedure in Brno and at professional events or interships.
In the Faculty of Business was launched the project website: www.fbm.vutbr.cz/gacr.
The website include contacts to the researcher and co-researches, links to useful resources, databases with information, annotations of publication from researchers and other actual information, and also a link to website of the co-researcher