History and Mission of the Faculty
With its research orientation it endeavours to enhance the knowledge and cultivate the entrepreneur sphere and thus fulfil the creed of the faculty – Prosperity and Humanity.
Concise History of the Faculty
- September 1992 – the Faculty of Business and Management was founded, being transformed from the Department of Economics and Machinery Production Management of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of Brno University of Technology.
- June 1993 – the Faculty of Business and Management initiated its activity.
- 1. 6. 1993 – Academic Senate elected the first dean of the FBM BUT, doc. Ing. Miloslav Keřkovský, CSc.
- July 1994 – first 141 graduates of the branch Economics of Industry Management received their degrees.
- September 1994 – first graduates of the MBA studies at the Nottingham Trent University in the United Kingdom received their diplomas.
- March 1996 – the library and reading room of the faculty were opened.
- 27. 6. 1996 –Academic Senate elected the new dean of the faculty, doc. Ing. Karel Rais, CSc., MBA.
- March 1997 – D. Schmidt a M. Koch defended their habilitation theses in front of the Scientific Board of the faculty. They became the first docents to earn their degrees at the FBM BUT.
- January 1998 – the faculty became one of the founding members of ”Czech Association of MBA Schools“ (CAMBAS).
- As part of celebrations of Student Day of 1998 two new computer laboratories were opened. • June 2002 – after two terms of office of doc. Rais as the dean of the FBM BUT, the Academic Senate elected doc. Ing. Miloš Koch, CSc. as the new dean of the faculty
- November 2002 – Scientific Board of B.U.T. upon the suggestion of the Faculty of Business and Management recognized doc. D. Schmidt and conferred the degree Doctor Honoris Causa on him.
- June 2004 – the faculty moved into the new integrated building of B.U.T. at Kolejní 4.
- September 2003 – a new study programme of MBA studies was launched in cooperation with Dominican University of Illinois, Chicago, USA.
- November 2005 – Academic Senate FBM BUT elected doc. Ing. Miloš Koch, CSc. into his second term of office.
- September 2005 – the Joint Master Degree Programme (in cooperation with the Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom and Karol Adamiecki University of Economics in Katowice, Poland) was accredited.
- 29 October 2008 – Academic Senate elected Doc. RNDr. Anna Putnová, PhD., MBA as the new dean of the faculty.